The agricultural sector has a unique set of challenges with pollution prevention strategies, waste management and recycling, energy and water management and operational cost-saving efforts. Waste Reduction Partners' unique team of multi-disciplinary engineers and scientists can assist to help you meet your goals.
Agricultural Plastics Recycling in North Carolina
The Waste Reduction Partners team is actively engaged in connecting agricultural plastic waste to emerging recycling markets. Visit the new website ncagplastics.org to find:
- An interactive map of agricultural plastics recyclers
- Information on consolidation sites for plastic waste
- Information on how to collect different types of plastic waste such as plant pots, hoop house film, drip tape, black mulch film, growing media bags.
- Information about how the material is recycled.
- How to approach a recycler about recycling your discarded agricultural plastics.
- Success stories from growers on how they recycled their agricultural plastics.
- Articles and presentations on agricultural plastics recycling in North Carolina.
- And more
Please register on the site to receive the latest updates on agricultural plastics recycling in North Carolina.
Learn more about Agricultural Plastics Recycling
Let us know your story about recycling your plastics, and we will add it to ncagplastics.org.
Mulch Film Lifting Trials
Energy Audits for Farm Operations
Waste Reduction Partners engineers can assist farming operations to identify energy efficiency opportunities and to better understand and manage utility costs.
WRP staff will conduct on-site assessments and provide a written report of recommendations. No-cost, low-cost, and capital investment projects will be outlined which will cut operating costs by improving energy-use management and water-use efficiency.
These audits are supported by the USDA Rural Energy for America Program. The N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources also provides 25% of the audit cost. Learn more >